Win Free Entry To Push!

There’s a new party in town but with a familiar feel. Push is going down this Friday at The Willowvale Hotel and features the best DJ’s from I Heart Durban, Unit 11 and NoNoNo!!! It’s gonna be less of a foot stomping, fist pumping kind of jol and more of a hip swinging and booty shaking get together with a mix of Indie, Punk, Alternative, Electro, Dubstep and Funk blasting through the speakers. If you’re tired of hearing remixes of remixes and just want to hear some good old fashioned feel good tracks, Push is what you’re looking for. You can check out the rest of the vibe on Facebook

Now that we’ve sold you on the jol, we’re going to give it to 5 of you for free. Yup, we’re giving away free entry to 5 people.

To win, tell us what your desert island album would be and why. It’s all you’re going to hear until you die, or get rescued (you totally won’t get rescued, sorry to break it to you) and will be your sole entertainment and connection with the outside world, so, you know, make it count. Our five favourite responses will get to claim listage and save themselves the R50 entry fee.

Competition closes at midnight on Thursday the 6th of September. Winners will be emailed so please make sure you use your correct email address.

Here’s a little taste of what you’re in for.

Comments
16 Responses to “Win Free Entry To Push!”
  1. Rob says:

My desert island all time, top five, most memorable break-ups are: Oh wait, wrong list.

Uh, I’d say Blonde on Blonde by Bob Dylan. Because it’s Blonde on Blonde by Bob Dylan.

2. Jimmy says:

Anything by Lady Gaga, just to remind me that I’m better off on a desert island than living in a world where she’s allowed to thrive.

3. Phony Danza says:

Message in a bottle – The Police.

Just the single on Vinyl and an old analogue manual hand crank (hehe) gramophone record payer to play it through, not cos it’s hip but cos there’s no electricity on a desert island you fucks.

4. I poo sad birds says:

Explosions in the Sky – The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place

Perfect in every way.

5. Matt says:

down the stairs, felix laband. All that use of ambient noise will make you feel way less crazy, whilst you going crazy

6. Simon says:

Brand New….any album beacuse they’re just fucking awesome. sweet.

7. hardy says:

I’m wide awake, it’s morning by Bright Eyes because Bright Eyes have gotten me through the hardest times of my life and they’ll help me get through the loneliness on an island on my own.

8. sam jones says:

hmmm.. thats a hard one…
    Probably a mix tape would be the best. or black keys (brothers) or postal service (give up) – can listen to that over and over. or yeah yeah yeahs (fever to tell) but i think i might get sick of it if thats ever possible!

9. sam jones says:

PS: as you can see I’m ver indecisive 🙂

10. Mary says:

I wouldn’t need an album, just one song: Island In The Sun by Weezer.

11. tom says:

Californication by RHCP. I’ll never get tired of listening to it.

12. Richard says:

Alexisonfire. Album: Alexisonfire

13. Dave de Witt says:

I’d make somekind of an instrument, and play my favourite tunes. I’m tone deaf and can’t sing for shit, but none of that matters cos I’ll be the only one listening. I’d start with ‘Three Little Birds’ by the Legend, Bob Marley.

14. Amy says:

Queens’ Greatest Hits. I have listened to it about a bajillion times (no exaggeration) (ok maybe some exaggeration) and every time it is still awesome! It is also great for sing-alongs, and scientists say that hearing the sound of your own voice singing brightens your mood.

I would just like to add that I realise that it is a bit douchey entering this competition when there is free entry for girls before 9pm, my bad, but when there is free entry up for grabs I just can’t help myself but try for it.

15. Trace says:

Back to Black by Amy Whinehouse with enough Heroin to last the whole album before I OD.

16. oxy says:

The Queen Is Dead by The Smiths because you’re on a desert island, you’ll be depressed anyways.