Win Free Entry To G!G!B’s Last Show!

And now, the is near, and G!G!B face the final curtain.  They’ve said it clear, they stated their case, of which they were certain. They’ve lived a life that’s full and traveled each and ev’ry highway, and more, much more than this, they did it their way.

You get to witness them do it their way one last time this Saturday at The Winston with Conqueror, Strage and Black Math, and because they hate money, they’ve given us two free tickets to give away to you, their loyal supporters.

Winning is easy, all you have to do is tell us which is your favourite G!G!B song and why. We’ll then select two winners based on the why, so giving a fuck and feeling that shit will come in handy. If you haven’t heard G!G!B’s songs (As if that was possible), you can download their full album, The Tide, here for free. Told you they hate money.

So that’s it, no frills, no hoops to jump through, just please make sure you use your correct email address so we can contact you if you win. Competition closes at 17:00 on Friday the 11th of January 2013.

Comments
13 Responses to “Win Free Entry To G!G!B’s Last Show!”
  1. AnalogueGirl_ says:

I have been to a fair amount of Go! Go! Bronco! shows, and each and every time the party is fucking awesome and I am always shitfaced, which is rad for having a sweet time in the mosh pit, but bad for remembering song names. I too hate money, so I throw what little I have of it it away on all sorts of crap like booze and shoes. Two days ago some wanker drove into me and wrecked my car so I am going to have to fix that shit too, which is going to cost me seven times more than I have, so I am back to public transport for the nest few months. Free entry would be so incredibly kiff so that I can wake up on Saturday knowing that I got to party at the last ever Go! Go! Bronco! show and, of course, have an excellent time on Saturday night.

2. I can’t tell them apart. They all sound the same.

3. Pete says:

The Tide.

It’s one of the best songs I have ever heard. Tom’s vocals are amazing. Russel’s bass makes me wanna poop my pants. Sheldon punches me in the chest with ever snare hit. Luke and Jimmy’s riffs bring the power. Then there is a break into one of the most beautiful interludes ever. Plus the lyrics are super rad. Sitting behind a computer all day, I can relate to it so hard – “Every day it’s the same old shit…”. It is just an amazing song.

I am really impressed with their newer songs and how they’ve progressed from back in the day.

4. Jean666 says:

As much as I love The Tide and every song on it, Pull The Lever still and always will mean the world to me. When I was 15 I watched GGB for the very first time, and Pull the Lever was the first song played. It felt like my life was changed in hearing this band that showed me as a kid that I did not have to conform to anything to appreciate hardcore. I looked up to them for that, and I still do. Pull The Lever would be my song of choice. Close behind that however is leeches, prisons, the tide and Machines.

5. Matty says:

Shotgun House, because i told you a lot more than once

6. Alexander says:

“Shotgun House” because it almost blew a friend’s of mine’s eardrum at a show once. Lost his balance for a while there. Amped for the last show.

7. Philip says:

I first heard Machines in some rundown sports club in Umbilo, somewhere near the Willowvale hotel. No longer a permanent resident of the Dirty City, I had begun to feel removed from the local music scene. The gig was poorly attended, the weather was muggy, and the sports hall was covered in a layer of dust. I guess the stand out for me was the energy with which Go! Go! performed, despite there only being about 35 people watching (about 5 of those from food stalls – which was weird in itself).

What knocked me off my feet was how tight and professional Machines sounded. Tom was no longer lying on the floor and screaming in a ball, but commanding the attention of every single person in the small crowd. Normally a crappy crowd seems to bring out the worst in a band, but Go! Go! played with an energy that reminded me of an Uprising gig, and it was good. I don’t know if the small crowd set them off, or if it was a marked a change in the sound of the band and the interests of its members, but Go! Go! Bronco were suddenly a professional outfit, with lyrics that struck a deeper note than pointing out where the exits are on a Boeing 747.

Machines closes with the lyrics: “We’re fucked if we fail to see the stars/There’s gotta be so much more to this than that” and I feel that it is an apt description of the talent that exists, and is unappreciated in Durban. Go! Go! were one of those bands.

8. Therefromthestart says:

Car Park Crusader. That song was the tits. Also it was about a certain person receiving head outside a certain nightclub. What more could you ask for in any song.

9. ian says:

Go! Go! Bronco! – the name says it all – every track kicks and bucks like a wild stalluion. to choose a best track – eish that’s hard but the Tide is by far my fav as it was the first i every heard. to party with them on their last night will be savage to say the least 🙂 and their legendary music will carry one forever in the hearts of all their true fans!

10. martyparty420 says:

“…Tight pants big plans.”

Cos when wearing skinny jeans was uncool about 6 years ago, we wore skinny jeans and we didn’t give a fuck.

11. Rich says:

Shotgun House

Why?

It was the first song I ever heard G!G!B perform and quite frankly, it will be the first song that will shut Origin up. Simples.

12. Jayson says:

It’s hard to choose, but it would have to be Shotgun House (I’m not gonna be one of the people shouting for it tomorrow, so don’t worry). Go! Go! Bronco! Is the first hardcore band that I watched live, as a kid (I was 15). That was the first show I went to, the first song I had ever heard of theirs, and I left with no T-shirt, a broken nose, and a new perspective on life; to get fucked up and party.

The best band to ever come out of Durban!

13. Justin says:

Destroy(her) and Shotgun house. Simply because they’re two of the most “get amped” type of songs to ever come out of Durban. Circle pits, gang vocals and having a good time while not caring that you’re drenched in the sweat of pretty much everyone in the room – what more could you ask for.