Win Free Entry To The Plastics Album Launch!

You know us, always trying to live up to our tagline of trying to get you out and into the city. Well this is another one of those attempts. As you should know, The Plastics will be playing at Live The Venue this Friday to launch their latest album, Pyramid. They’ll be joined by local cool cats Black Math, Asleep In Transit and Catlike Thieves so, you know, you’re gonna wanna be there.

We realise that it’s the middle of the month, so some of you may be struggling to scrape R60 out of the couches. Never fear though, for DIY has got your back. We’ve got two double sets of tickets to give to two of ya and a signed copy of Pyramid.

To win, tell us what you would use your a pyramid for. We know the ancient Egyptian aliens used them to hold secret parties (it’s science), but what would you do with one? Durban has the best creative minds in the country, so lets see you use those minds to save yourself R120 and get your name on guest list. The best answer walks away with the double tickets and CD combo and second place gets the double tickets only, but you’ll save enough cash to get an album for yourself, so quit ya bitchin.

Competition closes at Midnight on Thursday the 18th of October. Please use your correct email address so we can contact you if you win.

For a little audio and visual stimulation, check out the promo video below and give a listen to Underwater Kites, a track off of Pyramid which they were kind enough to share with us.

Comments
17 Responses to “Win Free Entry To The Plastics Album Launch!”
  1. Emil Lime says:

I would use a pyramid as a secret lair for my evil empire,
    in order to create the illusion, that am pure evil, that i set up HQ in a tomb!
    coz thats essentially what a pyramid is used for…

i will hold secret séances and raise an arm from the dead to be my arm of evil henchmen,
    much like the mummy movies, only i will be their leader!

There after i will proceed in my quest for world domination…

P.S i think thats worthy of a win! *Just Saying

2. Ssor says:

I would keep it simple and sit in my pyramid shaped tepee with some china’s and play a vicious game of pyramids waiting to head out to the pyramid CD launch at Live The Venue. if i win i promise we can ALL have a sleep over in my Pyramid shaped tepee.

A little creepy but will stalk for tickets.

3. Its my mates birthday says:

The pyramid….hipsters favourite sex position.

4. Yohmama says:

When a man loves a pyramid
    Can’t keep his mind on nothing else
    He’ll trade the world
    For the good thing he’s found
    If pyramid’s bad he can’t see it
    Pyramid can do no wrong
    Turn his back on his best friend
    If he put pyramid down

When a man loves a pyramid
    Spend his very last dime
    Tryin’ to hold on to what he needs
    He’d give up all his comfort
    Sleep out in the rain
    If pyramid said that’s the way it ought to be

Well, this man loves a pyramid
    I gave pyramid everything I had
    Tryin’ to hold on to pyramid’s precious love
    Pyramid, please don’t treat me bad

When a man loves a pyramid
    Down deep in his soul
    Pyramid can bring him such misery
    If pyramid plays him for a fool
    He’s the last one to know
    Lovin’ eyes can’t ever see

When a man loves pyramid
    He can do no wrong
    He can never own some other shape
    Yes when a man loves pyramid
    I know exactly how he feels
    ‘Cause pyramid, pyramid, PYRAMID, you’re my world

When a man loves pyramid…..
    (Adaption from Percy Sledge’s When a Man Loves A Woman)

5. Amy says:

I’d definitely use a pyramid for a bit of “indoor” farming. Imagine all the possible names that could come from that sort of thing.
    Would make a sweet little brand.

It would also obviously be a party venue…whoever said you can’t mix business with pleasure was wrong.

6. freeeeeeee says:

So, If I had a corpse free pyramid just lying around I would have to turn it into Durban’s coolest live venue so that the next time there was a band in town i wouldn’t have to pay R60 (or R120) to watch them.

If some law prohibited this then I guess a sex lair would be a sufficient plan B. Sound proof and shit.

7. Binx says:

Great place to hide a body…. them Egyptian folk had the right idea!

8. I would keep mynameisgrant in my pyramid and do hipster magik with him

I would bury Troll Bot alive in one.

10. Bilal says:

STEP 1: Fill pyramid up with ice cold ice tea.
    STEP 2: Attach an outside tap to dispence the ice tea.
    STEP 3: Relax and enjoy the sun while sipping on a large amount of ice tea with my headphones on.

11. Weenis says:

My pyramid …. Will be amazing!
    It will be aligned with the mountains and stars in such a way that when good music is played from inside the pyramid, it will be converted into electromagnetic waves and be emitted into space at such a high velocity that it will result in a force which counteracts the earth’s spinning force, thus resulting in a longer night and more time to ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!! (Class of music is directly proportional to strength of counteracting force. I.e. The better the music, the longer the night!)

12. Weenis says:

My pyramid …. Oh it will be amazing!

It will be perfectly aligned with the mountains and stars in such a way that when good music is played from inside the pyramid, it will be converted into electromagnetic waves and be emitted into space at such a high velocity that it will result in a force which counteracts the earth’s spinning force, thus resulting in a longer night and more time to ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!

13. Is a pyramid like and ancient Eiffel Tower?

14. Michelle says:

Myself and Grant would use Pyramid (the album) to join forces with The Plastics and take over the world! After winning this competition, we will meet Karl, Arjuna, Sasha and Pascal (naturally) and say, “Hey, you know Nicole!” to which they’ll respond “Totes ma goats!!!”. We’ll hit it off, hang out, laugh and drink all night. They’ll love us and ask us to join them on their album launch tour to provide quality company and entertainment.

One day, Grant will pick up Arjuna’s guitar and they’ll be so impressed with his skills that they’ll get him to open for them and he’ll become almost as famous as them.
    I will, of course, phone ahead to cancel all the opening acts. The Plastics will be so impressed with the way that I handle this unusual situation that they’ll sign me as their manager and agent. I will take them (and Grant) to new heights!

Before long they’ll have a gig under the Great Pyramid of Giza, where U2 will be the opening act.

15. Meg says:

Hmmm, if I had any option, I would definitely make it a real life Gringotts and make shed loads of cash. Logistically this would never happen though… so I would probably turn it into a warehouse for stolen goods and make millions off rent.

I guess I could always exploit cat ladies and fill it with cats, make it a cat lady paradise park. Again, I’d make millions… Unless I turned it into the ultimate paintball jol. More millions in my pocket.

Last option would be to herd the cast of reality shows and keep them there, camera free. Forever. (You’re welcome)

16. Meg is a crazy harry potter fan girl, don’t let her win, please…

17. Your Mom. says:

I would use a pyramid as a butt plug.